Sunday, February 2, 2014

.......and there's mud and stones

WARNING:  When you unload truck loads of dirt before the rain, you have mud! Simple fact.

It has rained enough that everything on our lot is covered with mud. If we get off the sidewalk, we're in mud.  If we walk anywhere on the lot, we come away with mud caked shoes. So, I've devised a personal solution. I have a pair of Walmart water-proof boots that I've used in the yard when it's wet outside. They now live in a plastic tub in the back of my SUV.



I'm finding more and more decent size stones that were tossed out of the dirt under the slab. My new "mission" is to pile these stones someplace to be used in my future landscaping. I'm sure my husband thinks I'm nuts, but at least he helped me carry some stones on Saturday morning. I just hope a pile of stones indicate a plan, and someone doesn't decide to "clean" the lot and take my stones away.  That would be sad after taking the time to gather them up. 

No comments :

Post a Comment