Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Progress!!!

So much progress has been made in the last seven days.

  • Boards have been added to the outside of the exterior framework
  • Tyvek wrap is being added
  • Dormers have been started across the front of the roof
  • Columns have been put in place across the back of the house
  • Lots of decking in the attic.
    I realize some of this space will be used for the water heaters, air conditioners and heating units. But there is quite a bit of space for storage as well.
Now I have to make sure there is a path in the attic where I can access the dormers in order to display electric candles each Christmas. The project manager assures me they can build a walkway to the dormers. That space is taller than the rest of the attic space, so it will require a few stair steps to access. I'm anxious to find out how this walkway will be configured.


Meanwhile, we're working on plumbing items, cabinet design, and appliances. Progress is being made, but I am always thankful when I can completely finish a task and feel good about the choices we have made. Back to work........................

No comments :

Post a Comment