Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Excitement


It has been almost 39 years ago that my husband and I first discovered the French Quarter lanterns that grace countless buildings in New Orleans, and I found myself fascinated by their simplistic style yet beautiful craftsmanship. Years went by without much thought being given to these lanterns. Periodically I would notice an advertisement for Bevolo lanterns in a home design magazine, but still never gave it much thought. (I did, however, have an ad torn out and in my file for future reference.) 

On a trip to New Orleans, we decided to window shop along Royal Street one evening. The lighting in the antique stores are stunning at night and we were there to look at lighting. Without realizing it was there, we happened upon #318, a Bevolo showroom. After realizing the magazine advertisements that had caught my attention were the same lanterns I've admired in New Orleans, it was time to explore. During a visit the following day, we discovered just what makes Bevolo so wonderful. 

318 Royal St, New Orleans - interior view

The hand-crafted lighting has no equal. Although we have seen a few brands that make similar fixtures, Bevolo stands out from their competition as being authentic - the "real deal" (at least in the world of southern lighting fixtures).


With the help of our designer and a wonderful lady who is part of the Bevolo design service, we chose two classic styles. A pair of French Quarter lanterns with Rodin brackets and London tops will hang on either side of the front porch.  




A narrow Williamsburg flush mount will reside on either side of the garage doors. 








This is probably one of four purchases I am most anxious to see once the shipment arrives.


No comments :

Post a Comment