Saturday, April 11, 2015

Brick flooring

Although the installers have only spent one half of a day on this floor when the photos were taken, it is so exciting to me to have this incredible brick in my kitchen. I have always loved brick inside a home and couldn't wait to share these two photos.


Another view of mudroom
Mudroom between
kitchen and side door
When we started planning the house, Lauren and I tossed around the idea of using brick on a hallway ceiling, as a backsplash in the kitchen, a brick wall, or a brick floor in the kitchen. The kitchen floor won! After searching locally and on Google, we discovered Inglenook Tile Design in Quarryville, Pensylvania. They have an absolutely beautiful handmade thin brick tile that is the best quality I have found. The company is family owned and run, and they are great to work with. Julie was valuable in providing help regarding which tile would work best for us. She also helped us design this custom mix, the combination of five different color effects on Inglenook's Rutherford brick tile.



Updated photos posted


2 comments :

  1. It is my great pleasure to visit your website and to enjoy your excellent post here. I like that very much. Brick Flooring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. We continue to enjoy our brick flooring.

      Delete