Thursday, September 10, 2015

"To Be Moved" chart for movers

My husband has done the homework and found movers he wants to get bids from.

One of the men came this morning to see what we need moved. I was worried because I was going to take this man on a tour through a maze of boxes. Not only that, but some of our furniture would be left behind to stage the house.


We are moving boxes and lightweight furniture on our own.

My solution was to create two copies of a chart - one for the mover and one for me. We walked through the house, room by room, and looked at each item on the list. I explained that what was not on the list was to stay at the house.

The "To Downstairs" column included a bedroom of furniture in an upstairs bedroom that we are going to move downstairs to our master bedroom while the house is for sale.

The chart saved time for the mover because he knew exactly what we were to look at in each room. He could add his notes as we went, so his visit took about 20 minutes. It helped me because I didn't forget to tell him about any specific piece of furniture.

The chart took less than 10 minutes to create after my husband and I talked about what was to be moved and what needed to stay. It was good time investment that paid off.



To new house
To downstairs
DINING ROOM:
   China cabinet (2 pieces)


LIVING ROOM
    Piano


MASTER BDRM:
   Bed (NOT MATTRESS)
   Armoire
   Dresser & mirror
   2 nightstands


UTILITY ROOM
  Washer
   Dryer

STUDY:
   Desk
   File cabinet


GAME ROOM (upstairs):  
   TV credenza
   Bookcase
Love seat
Chair & ottoman
GUEST BDRM
  Mattress & box springs
  Stereo
Headboard & Frame
Dresser & Mirrors
Armoire
2 nightstands

GIRL’S BDRM
   Chest
   Desk/Hutch/Chair
   Nightstand
   Chest in closet


BOY’S BDRM
   Desk
   2 short chest/hutch
   Armoire

No comments :

Post a Comment