Saturday, December 31, 2016

A dead alligator???

On September 24, I shared about a blow-up alligator that kept the local ducks from making a mess in our pool. Alex did his job well, and made our lives easier. If one can become attached to a plastic toy, I must admit I was fond of the "critter."

Early one morning as my husband and I were listening to some strong wind outside, I thought I heard something strange, almost like a snap. I brushed it aside, not thinking too much about it. Later that morning when we opened the shades I noticed something missing in the pool. Alex was gone.


We searched the yard, but no Alex could be found. As crazy as it sounds, I felt like a little girl who had lost her doll. Although I was sadder than made sense, I realized it wasn't the silly toy I was mourning, but the fact we had a pool that was now susceptible to being used by ducks again.

We had a back-up alligator, which was not as nice looking, but I grabbed it and added it to the pool. Every time I looked out the window, I would miss Alex once again. The backup alligator was UGLY! One day I thought to check the security camera tapes to see if I could figure out where Alex went.

Part of the mystery was solved when I watched the alligator, which was stuck to the edge of the pool, suddenly blowing away with a gust of wind. He blew south, and we thought he was probably over the spillway and down the creek by the time we realized he was gone.

Imagine our surprise when a photo of Alex showed up on the local newspaper Facebook page a week later.


I laughed until tears ran from my eyes.........

No comments :

Post a Comment