Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A work in progress...

After scavenging resale shops, antique stores, off price stores, Hobby Lobby, and other local haunts, I finally gathered a collection of blue and white transferware that reminds me of the pieces in some of the stunning china cabinets in Charleston, SC homes.

I still have art to hang; plus tweaking will always be a pass-time as I decide to move things around. But at least the dining room finally looks like someone has tried to use design principles to create a room with a plan.

Since our goal was to create a room that has the character of a home in the early days of Charleston or New Orleans, we used furniture that was created to remind people of that time period.

MySouthernHome2014 photo



The table scape needs flowers in the centerpiece vase, but that will have to wait for another day.
MySouthernHome2014 photo

I have also used red and white transferware, mixed with the blue and white. It looked great for July 4th, when the blue walls and deep red rug looked like they were planned just for that day. While I am patriotic, I didn't plan my decor around the American flag.  :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment